Ok let’s move on to the ACC and rank the top 10 players in that conference regardless of position.
1. QB Trevor Lawrence, Clemson — When healthy, there is no doubt that Lawrence is the best player in the country.
2. QB Sam Howell, North Carolina — Howell does a remarkable job behind a very average offensive line. He doesn’t get the attention he deserves.
3. OL Christian Darrisaw, Virginia Tech — He could be taken right behind Penei Sewell in the NFL Draft. Darrisaw is that good.
4. RB Javante Williams, North Carolina — Even as part of a two-headed monster at RB, Williams is an absolute touchdown machine.
5. QB D’Eriq King, Miami — King has been the difference maker for Miami with his running ability and how he extends plays.
6. RB Travis Etienne, Clemson — His stats have been impressive as always and his stock is still high despite a couple of fumbles.
7. LB Payton Wilson, NC State — You probably haven’t heard of Wilson but he’s the backbone of the Wolfpack defense and makes plays in all aspects of the game.
8. QB Ian Book, Notre Dame — He’s been very efficient and has made very few mistakes, which is why Notre Dame is unbeaten.
9. DL Rashad Weaver, Pitt — Weaver always seems to be in the opposing team’s offensive backfield and has emerged as much as anyone this season.
10. WR Amari Rodgers, Clemson — Rodgers has quietly been the go-to guy for Clemson this season. He is having a monster year.